Tuesday, December 2, 2008

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

I do not doubt that God loves me in the details :O) Case in point would be that Ryan and I had to run to Lowe's and Wal Mart today after work and I was soooooo hungry. I said as much to Ryan that I would probably have to grab something to rip into while we were there. SO, because I was hungry, we divided the list to conquer and go faster. I grabbed my goods, went to the front, didn't see Ryan and couldn't reach him on his phone so I thought MAYBE he had already paid and was waiting for me. I very last minute grabbed some sour cream and cheese chips to add to my purchase, bought it, then proceeded with my bag of goods to the open area at the front in front of produce. I know, it's the same in every Wal Mart. I proceeded to open my bag of chips, and I am not even kidding, I don't know that I could have been happier. Just standing there in the middle of Wal Mart, holding my grocery bag, munching on chips. THEN, I turned around and there were FREE HOLIDAY TWINKIES at the bakery! Can you even BELIEVE that?! I have NEVER seen something wrapped FOR FREE at Wal Mart. BUT, there they were. A big bowl with long twinkies, white icing and Christmas sprinkels. Hello. Obviously for me.

So, I grabbed one, opened the wrapper and proceeded to eat the twinkie.

LOL oooooohhhhh gosh! Wal Mart stereotype hello, Anna Johnson! Ryan walks up and I am SURE he was thinking, "For real? Is this my wife?" For I was standing, still in the open area, alternating between my bag of chips, and my free twinkie. I was L-I-V-I-N-G and more than one child stopped walking and stared at me in flat out envy.

As they should have.

It was a great moment :O)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure God sent the Twinkies? I know all good things come from God but is a Twinkie really good?

I guess when you're starving it's good huh?

Thanks for the story this early am, it helped me laugh myself awake!

Christa Hagler said...

You are precious! Cute story, made me smile!

AnnaJ said...

OH my gosh, George! 1. I miss my brother. 2. Absolutely yes, Twinkies are from the Lord... probably more specifically though was that I just KNEW God was going to have some kind of free food for me there since I was so happy. LITTLE did I know He would give me something I would NEVER buy for myself :O) LOL!

Yeah, it makes me laugh too to think of myself standing there. If only I had been wearing light gray sweatpants, the picture would have been perfect!

Anonymous said...

Anna you are so hilarious! I love that you were eating chips and a twinkie in the middle of walmart. Oh how I wish I could do that. (my body would probably fall over from all the sugar and fatty stuff)

Way to just rejoice in the moment with God.

wesleyandbeth said...

That is too cute!!!