Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life.

So, all Christmas season I've been wanting to see "It's A Wonderful Life." I really don't know why... maybe it's because it seems like classic Christmas, warm and fuzzy. AND, I've never seen it.

I was just out shopping, came home and made chilli cheese nachos, and sat down to see what was on T.V. We don't have cable so I'm flipping through and the ONE thing on T.V. right now is "It's A Wonderful Life!" I just smiled at God's sweetness.

So, it was 15 minutes until the movie was over, and I started watching when he was in the cab and the cabbie didn't know him. By the time he chased his wife into the crowded room and she didn't know who he was I was fighting back SOBBING! I don't know WHY this made me so emotional... All I can say is, "What a GREAT MOVIE!!" My GOSH! Then he gets home and doesn't even care that he supposed to be arrested, owes all this money, he is RIVETED with his children, his wife bursts into the house and they embrace... geez. No wonder this is a classic.

Oh man, it just makes me so thankful for all that I have. To realize and think about what life would be like if those I loved didn't even know me... had never known who I was. Horrible. What a GREAT movie to remind you that what matters is knowing and being known. Maybe that's why I was touched so deeply ... to see a man who knows each person SO well and they don't know him at all.... don't know he exists. Ow.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share about this. I LOVE this movie and I can't wait to see the first three fourths of it :O)

1 comment:

Amy Butler said...

I cannot believe you had never seen it. It is by far one of my favorite movies of all time. A lot of times if I fall asleep during the movie, I will wake up towards the end and I will still end up bawling. I don't think I have ever watched it without crying. It's brilliant. Go rent it and watch the whole thing!