Sunday, December 21, 2008

Poor, POOR, Sadie

Sooooo, I was gone all weekend with two of my VERY besties! It was sooooo good and just WELL with my soul. Thank you, Lord! It had been much much much too long!

So, I get home and Ryan and I decide that we want to lay low with some Pluckers and Mama Mia. Good times, right?

WELL, Sadie almost got the PERMANENT boot from our house. Seriously.

Since we got her, we just let her roam free in the house while we're gone. She has never chewed on anything/given us pause to our letting her stay out of a kennel during the day.

That was before today, my dears.

We get home from picking up dinner and a movie and Sadie had CHEWED UP, nay, PULLED BACK the carpet in front of the room she loves. I mean BACK!!! We closed the door to the guest room before we left because she's getting in a habit of sitting in our chair in there and we don't like that. SO, we closed the door and left. We were 'welcomed' home with Sadie's hugs and love and THEN the great discovery of the carpet COMPLETELY pulled back in our hallway leading into our guest room. GEEZ LOU FREAKING UISE, this dog! She is a determined pup!

She was pretty much IMMEDIATELY excommunicated from our home, and if it hadn't been SO dire I would have taken a picture of what she did. Severe punishment ensued, screaming of our not keeping her was declared, and when tempers cooled a bit we realized we could give her another chance.

Pray for this sweet pup. She is SUCH a gentle little spirit, but when she has a mind to it there is apparently no stopping her. Please pray that she will see the error of her ways so we can keep her.

And if someone happens to have a carpet stapler they're willing to let us borrow, please let me know.

We do love you, Sadie.

3 comments:

Hannah E. said...

If we can figure out what to do about Jonah's issues, then I'll let you know and maybe you can try it with Sadie!

Seriously, I'm sorry that happened.

Julie Adams Gray said...

My cat gets angry when I leave him for a long time and pees in my bed. Then the other day he was mad and looked at me then peed on some clothes on the floor. I don't get animals!

wesleyandbeth said...

Oh friend...so sad!!!!! maybe santa will bring Sadie some chew toys for xmas:):))
i laughed when i read your comment on my blog about the office...yep we literally watch about one per night! sad.....and when it comes to watching a movie or the office..we always pick the office! love you