Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dog Whisperer?

Dog Whisperer? I'm in if it means avoiding paying someone to teach our dog some obedience. But, really it isn't obedience.. I don't know HOW to label it. She is a MYSTERY this one.

If ever you meet her it will be difficult to put together the two 'dogs' in your mind. Maybe we should have a bad dog name for her. Sadie when she's sweetie; Afraidy, Fadey, No Lady, Malady (doesn't rhyme but really works) when she's bad?

On to the newest update. So, as mentioned, she ripped up the carpet again. It REALLY is shocking since she is so docile and sweet always, she just has REAL difficulty being censored it seems as yesterday since she has lost her 'roaming free' priviledge, I put her in the crate and put the door against the wall so she couldn't bang out of it. To our shock and, truly, wonder, since she couldn't get out through door, she CHEWED A SADIE SIZED HOLE in the back of the crate. I'm talking the HARD plastic kind! I don't know HOW she did it, hence the bad dog name since it's like she's a completely different animal.

I was talking to some friends, and one said, "This may sound weird, but I watched these Dog Whisperer videos and it really helped." Our neighbor confirmed and so now I am looking for said videos.

I left her out today and have ZERO concerns. I know the house and all it's contents will be completely fine when we get home ... That's what is SO WEIRD and really makes me mad. She won. HARUMPH! This all started because we don't want her to sit in the guest bedroom chair so we closed the door. NOW, we have the door open and I have zero doubt she is either sitting happily at the guest bedroom window, OR on the guest bedroom chairs stinking it the HECK up.

Any other suggestions? Oh, my mother in law IS bringing a metal crate. But, that only concerns me for her safety ... we've seen that she pretty much won't stop when she sets her mind to it.

Merry Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

New Jersey's Dog Whisperer said...

We can help you. I am New Jersey's Dog Whisperer, and I am agent/manager for Mark German, America's Dog Whisperer. We can help you to resolve your dog's issues, whatever they may be. We rehabilitate dogs with issues ranging from "separation anxiety" to "leash-skiing" to full-blown aggression. Please email me at NJDogWhisperer@aol.com, or check our web site at www.AmericasDogWhisperer.com for our contact information. Your dog just needs the Four Essentials to a Stable Dog(R) and she will then fit into YOUR life instead of you fitting into hers. Then you can love your dog even more, because she will be stable and happy to just be a dog! Please let me know how we can help you or anyone you know with a dog with "issues". You can also watch our show, "America's Dog Whisperers" on PalTalk.com on Sunday evenings at 8-9 PM EST. You can find the link on our web site this weekend. Have a wonderful holiday!

Aimee said...

hey lady! metal crate is the way to go. as far as im concerned. but hope u find the dog whisperer a great tool.