Monday, January 26, 2009

To the ends of the earth!


Friday, Ryan calls at 11:51 a.m. "Hey babe! Wanna go to Padre?"
Me, "Today?"
Ryan, "Yes!"
Me, "COME GET ME!!"

We were packed and on the road by 1 p.m. ... YAY!! We LOVE spontenaety and I don't think we've been spontaneous in a while so this was GREAT!! Here are some pics :O)

On our way ... a beautiful drive :O)

Soooo, the reason we were able to get away is because Ryan's grandparents own this GREAT Texan Guest Ranch (http://www.texanguestranch.com/) where people come for extended stays, so they built a wing for family ... Thank you, Lord!! So, we stayed there, got to visit with his grandparents, and headed to Padre on Saturday.

Pic below, we are ALMOST to the beach and it was the coolest because we were driving to the end of the island and so there were HUGE sand dunes on both sides of the road... the wind was blowing the sand across the roads and it looked a lot like snow blowing acrosss. As we got closer and closer to the end of the island it honestly felt like the Pirates of the Carribbean where they sailed to the end of the earth... FUN! I knew we were going to the 'end' and that REALLY excited me!



Because it was so windy the wind formed these great sand formations with the shells, you can't really tell from the pics but it was soooo cool. We were just thinking, "God is SUCH an artist!! Even with sand on a beach, it forms a cool structure that makes me think of Him..."



Happy on the beach :O)



Soooo, after the beach we head to dinner at Blackbeard's and I'm telling Ryan this RIVETING story about how I pretty much got taken out by a 4 year old in the bathroom. Literally, I open the stall to leave and she physically bumrushes me trying to get to the toilet. Anyhow, in the midst of this story Ryan's eye begins to wander and I'm thinking, "What is he looking at?" So, he starts talking about what he's looking at and I'm thinking he's talking about this HUGE shipwrecked boat in front of the restaurant, but then realize he is not. He is talking about this car. (pic below)



Apparently a $300,000 car!! Can you even believe it?! So, I take Ryan's pic in front of it, you can see ANOTHER guy behind the car taking a picture and I walk away laughing about a male's unbelievable innate ability to smell a cool car. He was like, "What do you mean?" And I start telling him I thought he was talking about that huge shipwrecked boat and he says, only proving my point, "What boat???" LOL!! OOOHhhh, love it!
Anyhow, on the way home there was this gift shop that had the curbside appeal like NONE I have ever seen. If ever you've driven to South Padre you know what I am talking about. The thing behind me was a seashell. They had an entire scene of fish, corral, etc all along the side of the road that matched the size of this shell.

Apparently I love spontaneous and random ... according to the first week of MORPH that is exactly right on for me :O)
Hope you are all well :O)

2 comments:

The Old Man said...

Oh, I am so jealous. We used to spontaneously run down to Padre. That we before kids! And moving to Tyler!
By the way, keep your hands off my car! :)

Christa Hagler said...

Your so cute! Enjoy the freedom to be so spontaneous while you can! What a fun quicl trip!