Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sadie Update

Thanks for checking in on Sadie :O)

We have realized QUITE a few things in the past few weeks including that she really IS a Johnson. She has so many of the same traits Ryan and I have, specifically being emotional, needing touch, loving people and being very expressive about all of the above. She is PRECIOUS!

Regarding her 'during the day' ... oh man, what was the last thing I posted? Did I post that she CHEWED OUT OF THE HARD PLASTIC CRATE?! I believe I did, just wanted to give you that reminder.

SO, we tried the Metal Crate on Monday, but this time we put it in front of her coveted Guest Bedroom window so she could still see outside. We came home to the bottom frame being bent in, but still a Sadie inside. When we let her out she was shaking so badly I genuinely thought she was going to have a heart attack. I am beginning to wonder if she was locked in a closet or something as a puppy (seriously).

Did the metal crate again the next day and she was A-OKAY ... just really eager to get outside (if you know what I mean ....) It seems we've resolved the, "You WILL stay in a crate during the day."

SO, we're plotting along, plotting along and then she showed us how emotional (and expressive) she really is. Ryan had to work an INSANE amount of hours this week at home in his office with the door closed. So, we go to bed on Thursday night and I wake up Friday morning and go into his office to check the weather for the day ... "What's that smell?" I turn on the light and she had POOPED ALL OVER RYAN'S FLOOR!!! Like SEVEN different spots! This was NOT because she actually had to go. LOL!! OOOOHHHHHH gosh! So, I went into the bedroom and said, "See, honey, Sadie really loves you." He was like, "What do you mean?" "She missed you a LOT this week and showed her disapproval by pooping all over your office floor. Isn't that sweet?"

OOoohhhh Sadie, what a thin, thin line you are treading.

(butwedoloveyou-atleastIstilldo,daddyalittle)

2 comments:

wesleyandbeth said...

Awe...well it seems like you are making a little progress with her! I think the crating will pay off for you! :) thanks for sharing!!

AnnaJ said...

This morning she walked in without my having to be stern... YAY!!