Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Booby"





Who knew this could be such a beautiful word, but when screeched with great delight from the lips of my nephew there have been few sweeter sounds. No, no sicko here... My nephew Noah calls me Gooby, his precious younger brother Solomon (2 and just now learning how to speak) is OVER come with delight when he sees me and in a way that only a two year old can screams, "BOOOBY!!!" and it brings tears of joy to my eyes. I mean, really, does it MATTER what they call you as long as they are saying your name with a screech of glee? I didn't think so either.

SO, this past weekend in Tyler was beyond all that is 'sweet and wonderful'! It was PERFECTLY timed in that Ryan was going to Tijuana for a missions trip and we needed to get our car fixed in Tyler. SO, we thought it would be perfect timing for me to go get it fixed, and skydive with my best friend, Stefani, for our 30th birthdays. BUT, it turns out God was just working to get me there :) Neither of the above happened, but what did was an amazing weekend provided by my Savior in ways that only He could:
  • The people my heart needed to see, God completely arranged one on one time with: My mom, Lisa, Veronica, Jimmy (step dad), Stefani, Betsy (came in from Dallas), Claire, Heather, Becky, the boys ... wonderful!

  • I got to go to Girls Night In at my old church, which marked one year to the weekend that I said, "Yes, God I will be your girl" and He changed my life in every way... He is glorious! I will literally be standing in our kitchen washing dishes sometimes and just start crying thinking, "I could have missed this" if I hadn't said "yes" to Him.

  • At Girls Night In I got to hug the necks of most every woman at Grace that was SOOOOO precious to me. I missed out on a couple, but only a couple :)

  • I spent Friday night with some of my very best friends 'winning over' our waiters at Cheddar's. Waiter, "Would you like this on separate checks, or do you want it on one check?" Anna, "Yes." And there we go...

  • Veronica and I at Cafe Tazza: Veronica, "I would like something cold and chocolate."

  • Mom, Veronica and I at Villa Montez: Veronica, "He texted me and asked if I wanted to hang out today." Anna, "When it rains it pours! WOOOOO!"

  • Stef and I at Starbucks, "This is perfect! It even LOOKS Africa!"

  • Bets, Stef and I at BBQ: HYSTERICAL LAUGHING ... "They have this crazy wall that you can climb..."

  • Brian Brandt... someone who means SO much to me, preached on Sunday!! NOT NORMAL! (timely message for me, by the way. shocking)

  • The Noah Face, "Gooby's my friend." and "Pop goes the weasel!" and "You take care."

  • The Somonon (Solomon), "BOOBY!" and "Zeba" (wanting to watch the Zebra Video). and "Booby, run!"

  • Taco Bueno, I pull up to the drive-through speaker, roll down the window, and a red wasp the size of a BIRD flies into my face. I SCREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMM! and roll up the window. It flies away, Claire is crazy laughing and says, "You just screamed in the ear of whoever is working the window!" and I'm like "NO WAY! She hadn't greeted us yet..." and I roll down the window and ask, "Um, did I just scream in your ear?" And a girl leans in from the background and says, "THAT was ME." Apparently she had yanked the headphones off of her ear when I started screaming and relinquished window duty. Have to admit, I screamed for many a second. Poor thing.

  • Seriously SO many other 'sweets' of the weekend and it culminated with my being with Claire at McDonald's back in Austin on Sunday night. We walked to McDonald's and I was thinking, "I sure would love an icecream cone, but I don't need one and I'm not going to ask Claire for a dollar for one." Then Claire ordered and ordered a cone and said, "And you're going to eat it with me!" and I was like, "Thank you, God! I didn't even say anything!" then, we're waiting for our food and talking and the girl doing the ice cream cone turns around and she has TWO in her hands... ONE FOR ME!!!!!! I was like, "God, you are AWE-SOME!" I walked out of that McDonald's in GREAT triumph, icecream cone held just like Lady Liberty.

Perfect end to a fully providential weekend. Thank you sweet, sweet, sweet, Lord. Your love notes amaze me. You amaze me :)

For more pics of the boys head to my Facebook page. For a GREAT little clip, click below :)



3 comments:

Hannah E. said...

Happy birthday Anna!
SO funny...Last night I was with Jenny Lay and I guess she forgot for a second that I knew you and she was telling a story and said "Do you remember Anna Mattern?" I just died laughing....and then told her you hadn't been gone that long and aren't that forgettable! Anyway, you are being remembered. And talked about in stories. Good ones, of course. =)
Hope your birthday is great.

AnnaJ said...

awwww, thank you for telling me that... that makes me super happy :) Alos, I LOVE Jenny!!!

Anonymous said...

nephews are the best. i do have to say. no matter how they call ur name even if it is booby ;-). so glad u got to see people and hug necks. i miss oodles!