Friday, April 24, 2009

YOU are good.

Just enjoying the presence of my Father, King, Glory, Hope, Redeemer, Love, Jesus ... I wish words weren't so limited. I cannot do justice to the swelling and gratefulness in my heart.

He disciplines those He loves. He pursues those who have strayed. He RUNS to those returning.

He is SO good. "Good" is such an all encompassing word that seems so small but is fully perfect for the Lord.

"Good" obviously the Lord loves this word, it is in the Bible 562 times :O) I love what Jesus says about "good" "Now behold, one came and said to Him, 'Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?' So He said to him, 'Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.; " (Matthew 19:16-17).

The root of good:
of good constitution or nature
useful, salutary
good, pleasant, agreeable, joyful, happy
excellent, distinguished
upright, honourable

I like it :)

No comments: