Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hello, "Thirty!"

I've heard for YEARS that people are typically much crazier about their thirties than their twenties, so aside from the SHOCK of thirty... I've been excited.

Thus far, "thirty" has not disappointed!

Driving to work that morning I was honestly a little sad. Ryan was at home sick and in still being feeling fairly new to Austin I didn't know if my birthday would be celebrated. FULLY silly in hindsight but that morning it felt very real .... WELL!!! My wonderful new friends BLEW ME AWAY by bringing food and treats to our group that morning, chocolate birthday cake and THEN when I got to my cube they had crazy wonderful decorated!! And, those fake flowers are staying in case anyone was wondering. I'm also thinking I'm going to put up a mini Christmas tree just for kicks and giggles :O)

Anyhow, 'thirty' continued with closing on our first home (many pics and details below) and we are now getting to play with what we want to do to make it "Ryan and Anna" as a friend so perfectly put it! This is what we're thinking for kitchen counter and cabinets... WEEEE! :O)


Ryan had said earlier in the week that we could go anywhere for my birthday dinner and in thinking and praying about it all I wanted to do was grab some sushi and wine, have a nice dinner at home with my hubs, and then write in our "Story of God's Glory" book. When we got home from the closing, Ryan told me to hop into a bubble bath to chill a bit - WONDERFUL!!! He put on candles and worship music and it was greatness. When I got out he had cleaned the entire house, lit candles EVERYWHERE, arranged the sushi on a platter and chilled our champagne. A GREAT first 'married' birthday :O)















And, apparently, thirty is the gift that just KEEPS on giving because I've been gifted with a massage from Clairie, tickets to the "So You Think You Can Dance Tour" with sweet Winks (I KNOW!!!!) and my husband is paying for me to go skydiving with Stefani... a dream all of my life in the making!

"Hello 'Thirty' ... WONDERFUL to meet you!"

Important Note: James 1:17 ~ Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle. "... Thank you, Jesus :O) I love you too."

4 comments:

Christa Hagler said...

Oh Anna, Happy Belated Birthday! I found your blog through Hannah's. Congrats on the new house and what an awesome story of God's faithfulness. I am encouraged by your blog. You truly seep the joy of the Lord and I Love it! I will be turning 30 in a few months and I hope I find it to be as enjoyable as you have.

Julie Adams Gray said...

I just want you to know I told God last night I do pray for a blessed marriage one day like you and Ryan. Ya'll just epitomize the wonderful world of marriage and relationships. I'm glad you are enjoying 30. Here's to a new chapter in life!

AnnaJ said...

Thank you, Julie! All I can encourage you to do is pray, pray, pray in seeking God's heart about your spouse and then when you get married you'll already be in the habit of seeking His heart/help for your marriage/relationship. HE is the one that makes it beautiful. Left to ourselves it would be (and is at times) a disaster. We are both just fallen people and only God makes our marriage GREAT! He HAS to be our full reliance... God set it up that way and when we operate in that way there is a fullness and richness that can't be described.

Yay for new chapters and the pages turned :O)

The Old Man said...

Happy Belated Birthday Anna!